Friday, September 26, 2008

Economist Intelligence Unit 2008 MBA Rankings Released

Phew! That subject line is a mouthful!

But this is big news for prospective MBA students everywhere... and also for all the brand spankin' new MBA students who are currently pondering whether they made the right choice (ahem, not that any of us are doing that!). The Economist Intelligence Unit released its 2008 MBA rankings today, and you can find them here.

Rounding out the top ten overall ranked programs are the following:

1. IMD - International Institute for Management Development, Switzerland


2. IESE Business School - University of Navarra, Spain


3. University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, USA


4. Stanford Graduate School of Business, USA


5. Dartmouth College - Tuck School of Business, USA


6. University of California at Berkeley - Haas School of Business, USA


7. University of Cambridge - Judge Business School, UK... which, I should probably mention, is where I am attending. It's about time I declared this information to the blogosphere! I am so proud of the ranking, but more proud still of getting accepted into this wonderful program. Of course, check back with me when I'm struggling through Business Statistics and Corporate Finance and see how wonderful I think it is... but in all seriousness, this program has been amazing thus far and I am thrilled that JBS is regarded so highly by this ranking.


8. New York University - Leonard N. Stern School of Business, USA


9. London Business School, UK


10. IE Business School, Spain

It is important to note that no ranking is the be all and end all. There are various MBA rankings and each offers a different perspective. The most important thing, in digesting rankings and choosing from among all the great programs out there, is to focus on the fit. Prospective students, focus on finding the program with which you are, as I would say in my non-business life, MFEO. Just as in any important life relationship, you and your program should be destined for each other, Made For Each Other, a perfect fit.

Just like me and Judge.

No comments: