Monday, September 15, 2008

Woohoo Wall Street!

Photobucket
Photo via NYTimes; credit: Mark Lennihan/AP

Wowee!

Between The Brothers Lehman, The Dudes of Merrill, and AIG, it's a fine day in the US of A, eh?Good lord. All I have to say is, I'm glad I'm into my MBA program already... because I have a feeling the state of the economy is going to drive a bunch of people back to grad school. It will be very interesting to see what happens to application numbers this year.

Of course, it will be interesting to me, since I am already on the other side of it. I would not want to be in the midst of the application process again, period - much less this year.

But! Prospective MBA rockstars, never fear! When you are close to despair, keep in mind that the best MBA programs will look for diversity on many levels, and will not let the crush of laid-off finance peeps affect their acceptances too much. Programs look for a good balance of men and women; as well as professional, socio-economic, and career-aspiring diversity. Or so they should. I believe my program does (after all, the folks who run my MBA accepted me into it!), and all programs should.

So hang in there, MBA applicants!(And don't mind me as I take just a wee moment more to rejoice - and breathe a sigh of relief - for myself.)

No comments: