Monday, September 15, 2008

Last Week of Freedom: A To Do List

With just a few days remaining before I head to grad school, it's time to buckle down and get organized. So without further ado, here's what I need to do:
  • Establish this blog (hooray!)
  • Maximize quality time with the boyfriend
  • Go through clothes, switch closet from spring/summer to fall/winter
  • Pack! Yikes: clothes, shoes, products, vitamins, snacks, computer stuff, books
  • Get in a few good workouts before the MBA boozing begins...
  • Sort through school paperwork, make sure I bring everything I need: loan application, orientation schedule, college information, career services prep
  • Continue MBA pre-reading (bleh)
  • Do MBA math prep (ew)
  • Did I mention the mountain of pre-reading I should be doing?

Ok this is getting depressing. I am not ready to let go of my lady of leisure life! No longer will I be able to go to a museum in the middle of the day (not that I did that very often) or take long walks around my newly adopted hometown of London (ditto) or cook beautiful meals for my boyfriend (definitely never did that).

But perhaps what has made this time so enjoyable is that I knew it was definite. This leisurely time had an end from the beginning, and I have eeked every morsel of enjoyment out of it that I can. A glass of wine with lunch in the middle of the day. Going to the gym and grocery store at off-peak hours. Meeting my boyfriend for a spontaneous walk, errand, or meal when he can escape from his desk.

Sigh. It's been great. Here's hoping the year ahead is great... albeit in a very different way.

No comments: